- Today, on my first day in Madrid, I got to talk to a little baby in Spanish and tickle her and make her laugh and she chewed on my finger and if that’s not pure happiness then I don’t know what is.
- I probably should’ve named my blog “the overpacker’s guide to the world” because the amount of bags I brought with me is ridiculous
- My host mom just made us vegan croquetas for dinner…. And I thought I couldn’t love her any more than I already did
- Tip: don’t go on a bus tour when you are incredibly hungover and are prone to motion sickness.
- The only phrase I need to know: ¿Puedo amaestrar tu perro? (Can I pet your dog?)
- That awkward moment when your little siesta turns into a 5 hour nap. Oops!
- Today, I chatted with the school secretary about our shared love for Bruce Springsteen and tried out a pole fitness class at a studio in Madrid, so I guess you could say it was a pretty successful day!
My host mom was just telling me how much my Spanish has improved from being here just a week! Can’t wait to see how far I’ve progressed by December
- Can’t believe I have officially been living in Madrid for a week! It seems like it’s so much longer and I am already so in love with my new city