This past week has been nuts! We started school (hence the obligatory first day of school photo), have been exploring the city, went to a salsa night, got VIP entry and free drinks at a local club, checked out the free class at a local pole fitness studio, and planned our first weekend trip.
My classes this week have been somewhat stressful since most of them are completely in Spanish. This semester I’m taking:
- Spanish Literature and Theatre- there are only 3 of us but my professor is great!
- Advanced Spanish- this class is actually awesome so far since it’s a mix of cultures: French, American, and British. Plus I have the same professor as my lit class!
- Psychology- I CANNOT be late for this class- easier said than done if you know me!!
- Spanish Culture and Civilization- this class is about to kick my butt and I am not good at history or geography related things… Especially when it’s not in my native tongue. I know I’ll have to work hard in this one.
- Introduction to Spain- all the Americans have to take this but we get to go on excursions!
I’ve been seeing my Spanish improve every day, which is really cool, and I know that it’s a process; something that won’t happen all in one day. We have been having an absolute blast despite the lack of sleep and I, for one, am in a constant state of shock that I’m actually living in Madrid! Loving every second.