Now that we are nearly two weeks into the new year, I have finally nailed down what I hope to achieve this year! 2014 was such an incredible year, which makes me want to strive for an even better 2015. Many people are against New Years Resolutions, backing up their opinion with the truth; most people kick their resolutions aside by the end of January.
Last year, I decided to go the goal route. This means that I’m not necessarily bound to anything but everything I aim for are goals that, at the time, I hope to accomplish. I like this difference because goals can morph and change throughout the year. And as for the whole New Years debate, to quote my girl T-Swift (no shame): “today is never too late to be brand new.” Hey, you can’t argue with that; there is nothing wrong with wanting to better yourself, be it June or January.
I think that last year I may have set too many goals for myself, and though I’m not really setting many fewer this year, I plan on incorporating my new goals onto my vision board so I can see them every day and strive to be the best I can be.
That being said, my goals for 2015 are:
- Run at least 1 ten-miler and 1 half marathon
- Visit 2 (or more!) new states
- Start AND finish my study abroad scrapbook
- Join the rugby team
- Make my life more conscious and cruelty-free
- Paint more often
- Run an obstacle race
- Apply to grad school- it’s not as far away as it seems!
- Play guitar actually in front of people
- Learn to knit
- Start learning American Sign Language
- Do something that scares me