SAN JOSE, COSTA RICA
I have officially been in Costa Rica for just over a month and am loving every second of the pura vida lifestyle! I’ve been taking advantage of all the opportunities here and have spent nearly every weekend traveling to other parts of this gorgeous country. A few cool things that have been going on lately…
- started my internship as an English teacher in San José and it’s beyond wonderful
- won a $25 Amazon gift card in a study abroad photo contest!
- watched as a massive turtle laid eggs under the moonlight and it was pure magic
- witnessed my first ever earthquake and earthquake drill (though I actually didn’t feel it)
- have already been putting my hiking boots to good use in the national parks across the country
- spend nearly every weekend at the beach and there’s no way I’m complaining about it
- do taekwando now aka I’m pretty much a badass
- have been lucky enough to have made some incredible friends who make this experience even more incredible
- have been playing a fair amount of guitar (which is nice since it’s been a while)
- got two new roommates so I’m no longer alone in the house!
- am playing around with my new Sony a5000 camera and my (okay, Tommy’s) GoPro…. the result is an unreal amount of photos and me wearing the GoPro on my head like a nerd (but I love it)
- went waterfall jumping! I’ve been waiting WAY too long to jump off of things
- zip lined for the first time! SO up my alley
- got to see the lunar eclipse from an island
- took an intensive Advanced Spanish 2 course
- found a couple nearby veg restaurants!!!!! YUM
- went white water rafting for the first time. What a thrill!
- am learning more and more how to live in the moment
- AND my best friend, boyfriend, AND parents/sister are all coming to visit me in Costa in November/December!!!!!